Photo: Daniel Coe/Flickr
How are we doing on SDG 6 to ensure water and sanitation for all by 2030? Where is the progress being made? How can we accelerate efforts and reach those most in need?
Between 14 and 30 September 2021, the UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for SDG 6 (IMI-SDG6) is hosting a series of webinars, presenting the 2021 status of water and sanitation. In these webinars, the UN custodian agencies will present the latest data on each of the SDG 6 global indicators, discuss acceleration needs and priorities to achieve SDG 6 and respond to questions.
Two dedicated SDG 6.5.1 indicator sessions will take place on September 20th and will present the latest data on integrated water resources management implementation based on country reports from 2020. The two sessions are scheduled at following times and are open to all interested participants (access links below):
2021 Progress on Integrated Water Resources Management (SDG 6.5.1), by UNEP (AGENDA)
The week will also feature webinar sessions presenting global results on other indicators under SDG 6:
– 2021 Progress on Household Drinking Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (SDG 6.1.1 and 6.2.1), by WHO and UNICEF
– 2021 Progress on Wastewater Treatment (SDG 6.3.1), by WHO and UN-Habitat
– 2021 Progress on Ambient Water Quality (SDG 6.3.2), by UNEP
– 2021 Progress on Water-Use Efficiency and Level of Water Stress (SDG 6.4.1 and 6.4.2), by FAO
– 2021 Progress on Transboundary Water Cooperation (SDG 6.5.2), by UNECE and UNESCO
– 2021 Progress on Water-related Ecosystems (SDG 6.6.1), by UNEP
– SDG Means of Implementation Targets 6.a and 6.b and the 2021/2022 GLAAS Cycle (SDG 6.a.1-6.b.1), by WHO
Please visit UN-Water website to see details on the exact time slots and access links: