International Lake Environment Committee Foundation , a partner of UN Environment Programme , is holding the 19th International Lake Conference at Lake Balaton, Balatonfüred, Hungary, from Tuesday 7th November to Thursday 9th November. On Monday 6th November, a colloquium will be held in collaboration with UNEP, focusing on sustainable lake management. To take part in the colloquium, register here:
Representatives from UNEP, along with Cap-Net UNDP and IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, will be speaking at the colloquium at a side event, “UNEP activities and partnership efforts facilitating sustainable lake management implementation” (10:55am-12pm (CET), Monday 6th November) about the Sustainable Lake Management Resolution (adopted at the United Nations Environment Assembly 5.2 in March 2022), the UNEP lakes portal (launched at the UN 2023 Water Conference in March 2023), the Freshwater Challenge (announced at the UN 2023 Water Conference), the White Paper – Embedding Lakes into the Global Sustainability Agenda (published in March 2023) and a forthcoming course on sustainable lake management.
Check out these resources below:
– information on the Sustainable Lake Management Resolution: https://lnkd.in/ejBwDN-a
– the UNEP lakes portal: https://lnkd.in/dGWSD8cY
– the Freshwater Challenge: https://lnkd.in/e3n-9bj4
– the White Paper: https://lnkd.in/dNRxf9Uj
– forthcoming course on sustainable lake management: https://cap-net.org/slm/